As a Global NGO which targets empowerment of women BPW organized on August 26, 1930 is one of the oldest Voluntary Organizations in the world. It currently maintains presence on all 4 continents and in over 100 countries with over 40,000 members worldwide.
Board member and First Vice President (2016 to 2018)
- member of the Consultative Council for Women’s Rights collaborating with the Ministry responsible for Equality about the writing of the Law being proposed for the Gender Equality
- Member of the oversight committee working with the Ambassador for Women,Peace & Security
- Certified trainer for BPW’s Personal Empowerment Program with regular training sessions organized not just on the Island of Malta but also in other European Countries
- Organize informative events for our members most of which are directed to members and friends in the business and professional communities
- Organize our yearly and flagship event Careers’ Day, where women from every level and sector mentor young 14-year-old girls from local Public, Private and Independent Schools. (2017 Careers’ Day event featured 284 female mentors for approx. 1,200 students, while in 2018 due to venue constraints we had 700 students and we organized a Q&A session with H.E. Marie Louise Coleiro Preca, President of Malta and H.E. Sophie, Countess of Wessex)
- Organize international events in co-operation with other European clubs, the latest of which was Premio Margutta, where awardees from Malta and Italy were recognized for their contribution to the Arts and Cultural scene.
- Host, moderator, panel speaker and contributor to many local and international events including Women Mean Business held during SME week targeting female entrepreneurs for the last 6 annual editions, Malta Sustainability Forum 2021, European Parliament discussion on Women and Leadership in Malta during the pandemic with the VP of European Parliament, Hon. Roberta Metzola,Mediterranean Symposium in Cyprus, during November 2018 and November 2021